- Waterfall 0.0.5 mobile application software (App) available from the Apple App Store or Google Play (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- Any of the services accessible through the App (Services) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours (Services Sites). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
and who we are
Our full details are:
- Name or title of data privacy manager: Rachael Haywood
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: The Techno Centre, Coventry University Technology Park, Puma Way, Coventry CV1 2TT
- 0044 (0) 2076 822 820
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues or other competent supervisory authority of an EU member state if the App is downloaded outside the UK.
This version was last updated on 16th October 2019. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next start the App or log onto one of the Services Sites. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Third party links
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as Contact. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
The data we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data: delivery address, email address.
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device).
- Content Data: includes information stored on your Device, including login information.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, feedback and survey responses.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information (including Identity and Contact) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App’s social media functions or enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of Our Sites. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of Our Sites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect personal data including Device, Content and Usage Data. We collect this data using cookies and other similar technologies. https://www.creative-itc.com/privacy-policy/#cookies
How we use your
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Purposes for which
we will use your personal data
|Purpose/activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To install the App and register you as a new App user||Identity Contact Device||Your consent|
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the App or any Services||Identity Contact Device||
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyse how customers use our products/ Services)
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)
|To administer and protect our business and this App including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||Identity Contact Device||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)|
Disclosures of your
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table:
- Internal third parties
- Other companies in the Creative Group acting as joint controllers or processors and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
- External Third Parties
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML5).
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact and Identity Data) for six years after they cease being customers.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at 61 Queen Street, London, EC4R 1AE or firstname.lastname@example.org.